so i have found this app recently and thought i would share.
Sunday, July 30, 2023
so recently i have been working more with linux and i discovered tmux.
now i have heard of tmux ages ago but never really used it to is full potentioal until the other day.
its so easy to use and the fact all your sessions have their name down the bottom and can use diffrent colors.
you can even use the mouse to switch windows!
i have listed some basic key bindings below and a cheet sheet for you to download.
Basic tmux keybindings
Saturday, July 16, 2022
i have been using Private internet access for a vpn for a while now with great results but recently i have been recommended to use to switch to Surfshark and now i have made the move i highly recommend it.
it has so many features and its a super fast vpn it also includs a inbuilt antivirus.
ok so here is how to extend a LVM volume on a ubuntu server/desktop machine ( this was done on a virtual machine)
- open the guest in vmware and increase the volume size
- ssh into the guest
- type fdisk /dev/sda (if you have a diffrent disk you will need to use the appropriate disk name)
- press p (to display the partition table)
- create a new partiton the same type as the last partition (press n)
- keep pressing enter until you get to the partition type and set it the same as the last one
- leave the rest as default, keep pressing enter
- press w (to write to the partition table)
- restart the machine
- type vgdisplay (make note of the name of your volume group)
- type vgextend ubuntu-vg /dev/sda3 (replace ubuntu-vg with the name of the volume group and 3 with the new partition number u just created)
- extend the lvm by typing lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/ubuntu-vg/ubuntu-lv /dev/sda4 (make sure the lvm name is correct and sda4 is the new partition
- extend the volume by typing resize2fs /dev/ubuntu-vg/ubuntu-lv
- type df -h and confirm the new volume size
Saturday, November 10, 2018
so if you are like me and want to put a docker on your local subnet then all you need to do is:
docker network create -d macvlan --subnet=<subnet> --gateway=<gateway> -o parent=<ethernet name> <docker network name>
Example: docker network create -d macvlan --subnet=192.168.0.0/24 --gateway=192.168.0.1 -o parent=ens18 Local_Network
more info can be found here
Saturday, October 27, 2018
so recently i was looking around for a cheaper/free alternative to good sync while goodysnc is good i dont have any money at the moment.
after googling for a bit i came accross FreeFileSync.
i set it up and it works like a charm, easy to setup and use.
highly recommended if you want a file sync app.
as its a great product i will be donating soon to help further development.
check it out here
Sunday, October 14, 2018
talking to some of the guys over at the homelab subreddit on discord and one of them showed a screenshot of a pihole with a huge amount of domains blacklisted.
turns out he is using this site to increase the blacklisted domains beyond the standard ones.
check it out here
if you don’t know what a pihole is check it out here
so i have found this app recently and thought i would share. XPipe is a new type of shell connection hub and remote file manager that allow...
Hi all, i have been using Private internet access for a vpn for a while now with great results but recently i have been recommended to use...
so recently i have been working more with linux and i discovered tmux. now i have heard of tmux ages ago but never really used it to is full...
so today i found out that you can use screen to connect to a serial port which is awesome.